- This weekend’s Barron’s cowl story examines the threats and alternatives as currencies go digital.
- Different featured articles talk about the race for a COVID-19 tablet, why huge U.S. corporations can be ramping up dividends and buybacks, and the obstacles and challenges for the photo voltaic sector.
- Additionally, see the prospects for mining shares, the iPhone maker, a footwear large, casinos and extra.
“A War Is Coming Over Cryptos and Money. Why You Should Care” by Daren Fonda makes a case that cryptocurrencies corresponding to Bitcoin (CRYPTO: BTC) and Ethereum (CRYPTO: ETH) are difficult the greenback’s lengthy dominance in world finance. On this cowl story, Barron’s examines the threats and alternatives as currencies go digital.
In “Mining Stocks Offer a Cheap Play on Growth. Dig In,” Andrew Bary discusses how BHP Group Ltd (NYSE:BHP), Rio Tinto plc (NYSE:RIO), Vale SA (NYSE:VALE) and others at the moment are extra disciplined of their spending and extra very important for renewable energy. For traders keen to simply accept some threat, they provide a wealthy alternative, says Barron’s.
Josh Nathan-Kazis’s “Pills to Battle Covid Are Coming. These Companies Stand to Gain” factors out that Merck & Co., Inc. (NYSE:MRK) and Pfizer Inc. (NYSE:PFE) are amongst corporations that count on Part 3 knowledge on oral COVID-19 antivirals within the coming months. Will they be part of Gilead Sciences, Inc.(NASDAQ:GILD) in providing an accredited remedy?
Shares of Las Vegas Sands Corp. (NYSE:LVS) and Wynn Resorts, Restricted (NASDAQ:WYNN) have tumbled, in line with “Macau’s Review of Casino Operations Sparks a Selloff, and an Opportunity” by Ben Levisohn. Analysts say the corporations might face more durable rules however will survive, and that their shares could possibly be bargains.
In Eric J. Savitz’s “The iPhone 13 Didn’t Surprise. Apple’s Stock Still Might,” discover out why Barron’s says that the brand new iPhones are upgrades, not breakthroughs. Nonetheless, they’re poised to generate huge income for Apple Inc (NASDAQ:AAPL) even when gross sales sluggish. The article additionally has a take a look at the long-awaited Cisco Methods Inc (NASDAQ:CSCO) analyst day.
“Nike Reports Earnings Thursday. Don’t Expect Good News” by Ben Levisohn reveals that, whereas Nike Inc (NYSE:NKE) handily beat forecasts in the latest quarter due to robust gross sales all over the place however China, the footwear and attire large is just not prone to pull that off once more. Uncover why Barron’s believes traders ought to be cautious forward of the decision.
As company profitability surges previous pre-pandemic ranges, cash-rich corporations haven’t returned capital through share buybacks and dividends at a tempo commensurate with pre-pandemic tendencies. So says Lawrence C. Strauss’s “Big U.S. Companies Are Poised to Ramp Up Dividends and Buybacks.” See why Barron’s thinks that issues are about to alter.
In “A Goldman ETF Targets a Sector Ruled by ARK,” Eric J. Savitz says that the Goldman Sachs Future Tech Leaders Fairness ETF (NYSE:GTEK) desires to seize the type of know-how development that made Cathie Wooden’s ARK Make investments so profitable. But, the Goldman Sachs fund has a number of refinements on its competitor’s megacap technique.
Avi Salzman’s “Big Bets Ride on Solar Power. But the Obstacles Remain Challenging” reviews that the US is rising photo voltaic capability shortly, however supply-chain issues, tariffs and native opposition to massive installations create a drag on development for the likes of First Photo voltaic, Inc. (NASDAQ:FSLR) and Sunrun Inc (NASDAQ:RUN).
Additionally on this week’s Barron’s:
- Barron’s rating of the 100 high impartial advisors
- Why correction worries are overblown
- Taking over the problem of preventing cybercrime
- The one indicator that has Wall Road biting its nails
- Why the Federal Reserve wants to alter its buying and selling guidelines
- How hovering producer costs might squeeze revenue margins and shares
- The best way to finish debt ceiling fights
- Why China’s property issues transcend Evergrande
- The brand new dynamics within the power market
- Eight guidelines for hedging your portfolio
On the time of this writing, the writer had no place within the talked about equities.
Sustain with all the most recent breaking information and buying and selling concepts by following Benzinga on Twitter.